This is a great recipe for those new to drinking green smoothies. It is not too bitter and has just the right amount of sweetness. Mint, parsley, and ginger make a refreshingly delicious combination. Be sure to use a high quality blender to ensure that your smoothie is blended thoroughly.
Kale, spinach, swiss chard, arugula or any dark green leafy veggie of your choice
Thumb of fresh ginger
Water, coconut water, coconut milk, or almond milk
1. Fill 60-80 percent of your blender with kale, spinach, arugula, swiss chard or any dark leafy green.
2. Add in a small handful of fresh mint and a handful of parsley.
3. Add in 2 to 2.5 cups cubed or sliced mango and pineapple**
4. Slice off a small section of fresh ginger and add to the blender. Depending on your taste, add in more or less. I usually use a piece about the size of the top section of my pointer finger.
5. Add in water, coconut milk, coconut water, or base of your choice until about level with the top of the ingredients. I usually use a combination of water, coconut milk, and coconut water when making this smoothie. Play with the consistency of your smoothie by adding more or less liquid.
6. Blend all ingredients until smooth.
**This will depend on the size of the blender you use and the percentage of greens that you pack into the blender. Be sure to make the majority of your smoothie greens, however you want your smoothie to be palatable and slightly sweet.
* Using a vitamix blender, this recipe makes enough for about 4 servings. Store extra in airtight glass containers in the fridge and drink within 24hours.